Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand

Party Time!
Oh boy! What a crazy night I had in Ao Nang. I hadn't partied at all in Thailand and thought "why not". From Koh Pha-ngan I took the ferry and 2 buses to get to Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand. There were a few others headed that way sitting behind me on the bus and I overheard them talking about this certain party hostel they would be staying at. On the 2nd bus I sat next to one of the guys I overheard talking on the last bus. I asked him where he was staying and if he mind if I followed him to this hostel.
Checkin
The minibus dropped us in front of the Balcony Party Hostel where I would spend the next 2 nights. I opted out of having my own room to stay in a 10 person mixed dorm, which I have done nothing like since my arrival in Thailand. I chose the bottom bunk closet to the window, we each had a curtain to create privacy with a little reading light and free WiFi. They also gave everyone a ticket each night for a free BBQ 19:30-20:30 and another for a "Big Black Cock Shot".
Pre-Party
My new friend and I grabbed some lunch and walked the beach to The Monkey Trail which lead to Pai Plong Beach. Let me tell you that you will break a sweat on this trail. It's not very long or difficult but it is steep and everyone was panting that you passed. We took a dip in the bath water warm ocean and laid on the beach for quiet sometime.
We journeyed back to the hostel to clean up for the evening. I also wanted to find a new shirt for the party. When I stepped onto the main boardwalk the most gorgeous sunset of my life was unfolding before my eyes and sucked me right in until the very end! Photos could not do justice for this magical show dancing across the sky and playing on the oceans water and lush green jungles.
After searching for a shirt and having no luck I headed back to the hostel for the BBQ and "Big Black Cock Shot" with my friend. I was really intimidated by the name of the shot they offered us but I sucked it up and threw it back. To my surprise it was quiet delicious and the bartender had me take one more with him for free. A couple of my friends buds joined us and helped me decide to do the Pub Crawl. Oh boy, I did not know what a wild and fun night I had signed up for.
After signing up I put on my tank they gave us and claimed my bucket which I am not exactly sure what they put in it. My new friends helped me finish it, I said my goodbyes and headed off to the first bar with the group. We all hopped on a Tuk-Tuk which took about 50 of us a couple blocks down the street. The music at this bar was fun to dance to, there was beer pong, and the place was packed. The party hosts stood on the bar and poured shots in mine and everyone else's mouthes. We spent probably 45 minutes there and headed to the reggae themed Jungle Bar. This spot was more chill but still a lot of fun. There was drinking, dancing, and some of the people in the group got on stage to join the band in playing instruments. From there we went back to our hostel which I thought was very odd. Body shots happened and musical chairs took place. In the round of musical chairs I got down to 1 of the final 2 standing but unfortunately did not win... Whomp whomp whomp... It was still a blast and I got more shots poured into my mouth. Some of the girls and I were bummed we were still there so set off for some food and harassed the front desk on how we thought this pub crawl was a rip off since we only went to 2 of the 4 bars. Apparently the other 2 bars everyone went to while we ate was the ones bellow our hostel which I still feel is pretty cheap of them.
Everything started to close so we went to 7-11, grabbed some beer to drink and dance on the beach before calling it a night.
Too Hungover
In the morning I intended to go with the girls on the 4 island tour but slept through my alarm. I also wasn't going to spend another night there but also slept through checkout time so I stayed one last night.
The day was sadly spent trying to force Pad Thai down my throat and feeling like death. Hangovers are real when you get older! I watched yet another incredible sunset and met up with the ladies once they returned to get massages(this wasn't a beach side massage but it was still amazing). We got dinner at this roof top restaurant and wandered the streets for a bit. I parted ways around 23:00 to go to sleep.
Just "One" Drink
While brushing my teeth I was convinced to go have "a drink" by this Swedish cat... We all know it's never just one... A few of us played beer pong until the Balcony Party Hostel closed. Not ready to call it a night we went downstairs to dance our booties off, laugh, and have a couple more drinks. We took one last stroll and dip in the beach before I went to catch some shut eye.
Early that morning I packed my things, said goodbye to Ao Nang, Krabi to catch the taxi for my flight to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Ao Nang and the Balcony Party Hostel was a blast. It's not how I like to travel anymore these days but it's always interesting to change things up once in awhile. I don't think I will be doing any drinking like that for awhile but I probably won't say no to going out to dance to some good music.

Recommendations:

  • Don't do the pub crawl unless you are okay with only really going to 2 different bars instead of 4 like they advertise.
  • If you don't want to hear music bumpin' until 02:00, you should probably stay clear of part hostels.
  • Set more alarms or drink a little less if you want to wake up early for any tours.
  • Get ready to party hard when you go to Ao Nang, and stay at the Balcony Party Hostel if that's what you are looking for.
Thank you as always for following my journeys. I really enjoy sharing my experiences and recommendations with you. If there is anywhere you would like me to check out and blog on leave it in the comments. Give me a follow to stay in the loop on future posts, the next one will be about my visit to Kuala Lumpur. Stay beautiful!
Namaste,
Finding Me Wherever I Maybe
IG: hollytalksaton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Island of Koh Larn, Thailand

Vida Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Elephant Haven, Kanchanaburi,Thailand