How Much Did My 1 Month Through SE Asia Cost?

Since I have been back to life here on Mt. Hood one of the number one questions I have been asked is how much my trip cost me. I sat down and went through my receipts, tickets, and bank statements to break it down into 5 segments:
1. Lodging = $500
- All of my nights but 2 were spent in either my own room or private bungalow never                         having a shared bathroom expect once. This cost also includes my stay at
the Kanchanaburi Elephant Haven.

2. Food & Drinks = $300
- I went to a couple fancy places but mostly chose the food stands/carts, markets, and small hole in the
wall places. These more local spots I felt as if I got more bang for my buck and didn’t feel like I was in a tourist trap.

3. Traveling Around While in Asia = $250
- This cost includes a flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, sleeper train, tut-tuts, buses, mini vans, and
motorbikes.

4. Everything Else = $450
- Everything else is medicine, souvenigers, supplies, activities, etc.

5. Ticket Costs from Portland and Back = $860

Making a grand total of……. $2360!
Not too bad to go spend a month abroad doing whatever I felt like that day and that moment. You can do
this all even cheaper then I did by doing dorm rooms or workaway, also by not doing as much cool stuff
or buying gifts for yourself and others. It can also be more expensive if you’re wanting to stay in places
like the Ritz, buying meals from places all the tourists go, and so on. When traveling the price can vary
depending on each person and how they like/want to travel.

If you are also wondering how I saved up for this and what I do for work it is pretty simple. Before leaving
I was bartending twice a week during the day and a barista the other 3 mornings, hitting about 30-40
hours a week. I have direct deposit so when my checks came in I would put all accept for the amount to
pay my phone bill and rent into my savings. All my other expenses I paid with my cash tips. I cut back on
going out and buying things I did’t need, when I did go out it would be covered by my cash tips. I also
started a jar that I would put all my change and some bills in until I left for my trip.
Anyone can do it, some may have to work harder than others but if you want to make that trip happen
then working hard is part of the game. You also need to be self disaplined and motivated.

I am already back at work and setting my sights for a one-way ticket by the end of April to the beginning
of May.

I hope you found this informational. Ask me questions about my travels. Suggest someways I can
improve my blog or where I should go in this world. If you want to partner together feel free to direct
message me. I love hearing from you all! Thank you as always for your support.

Namaste,

Finding Me Wherever I May Be
Email: findingmewhereverimaybe@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Island of Koh Larn, Thailand

Exploring Chiang Dao Cave of Wat Tham

Vida Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand