Exploring Chiang Dao Cave of Wat Tham

Finding Me Wherever I Maybe Says Sawatdeeka From Chiang Dao

I decided to head to the jungle to relax before Loy Krathong in Chiang Mai.
For the next couple of nights I have myself my own cute little bungalow at the Chiang Dao Hut.
From Chiang Mai I caught a Tut Tut for 100 BAHT, taking me to the Chang Puak Bus station where I hoped on the orange bus for 40 BAHT. On this 3 hour adventure through towns, past lovely temples and rolling hills I made my first friend Paul. 
Bus to Chiang Dao
Upon arrival in Chiang Dao we took a taxi to my little bungalow for 70 Baht a piece. 
Paul unfortunately went back to town but later picked me up on for my first moped ride. 
We just road around the jungle at first before heading to explore the Chiang Dao Cave of Wat Tham. When walking up to the cave we turned a little too soon taking us on a mini trek through the jungle and exploring up the stairs to what seemed to be an abandoned building.
 Once back on track the entrance was gorgeous! You walked across a floating river bridge to the cave entrance. The entrance fee was 40 BAHT each. 
Once in the cave you have 2 different ways you can go. The first one we took was an additional 100 BAHT where we followed a guide with a glass lantern through the limestone caves. She pointed out the different formations resembling animals, flowers, and waterfalls. At parts you find your self crawling through tight quarters for it open into massive spaces.
 You could see bats in one of the huge openings and hear them along with running water throughout. At the end you came to the shrine of the Hermit who has been there for 200 years.
The Hermit
The second route was well lit with colorful lights displaying some of the stalagmites and stalactites. It was odd to find actual plant life growing on this route. You found an underground river and the end was another flowing river. Take your time to check out the different shrines and the way the shadows play on the cave walls.
We hopped on the moped in search of food to fill our bellies. After a couple of stops we settled on across the street from my bungalow. 
I ordered the Chicken Thai Coconut Lemongrass and a Chang beer. Unfortunately with my stomach still not 100% I could not get past three bites before passing it onto Paul due to the spice. Instead I just got some plain rice that I only finished half of and am now munching on.
After our meal we said our goodbyes until tomorrow.

Reccomendation
  • Dress conservative before going to the cave or any temples.
Taxi to Chiang Dao Hut

Khob khun ka(thank you in Thai for females) for tuning in again. Until next time swatatdeeka!



P.S. Sorry for any misspelling of the Thai words or for being out of context.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you are feeling good enough to go explore! From now on, NO airplane food for you! lol Try and find some weed....you know just in case your sensitive little tummy can't handle all those spices...and for, well you know, just because. I love you and I'm following you each step of the way! Be safe my love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went back to purging this illness that ails me. Hopefully I've gone through the last of it and my body just now needs time to rebuild itself. Today will be another rest day after I go to town for the pharmacy and 711 to get me medicine and sports drinks to revive me. Thank you so much for following me <3 I'll be safe I promise <3

      Delete
  2. PS you are so cute in that little buggy car!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Island of Koh Larn, Thailand

Vida Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Elephant Haven, Kanchanaburi,Thailand