Switching to Hitchhiking

Inshaallah
After speaking to a few other travelers both female and male that have been hitchhiking I have decided to make the switch. My first time was Jerantut to Kuala Lumpur which only took me 10 minutes before a kind Chinese family picked me up and took me very close to my Homestay. 
Today my friends sent me from Kepong, Malaysia to Rawang where we thought I’d have the best luck. A local gentleman pulled over and said this wasn’t the best spot and took me to the reststop on the highway where I instantly found a couple headed to Ipoh. They were so kind and friendly. We had nice conversation and I soaked up the drive. They dropped me near the freeway and said our goodbyes in Ipoh. 
I stood near the freeway entrance when yet again another local pulled up saying I was in a bad spot and took me to the bus station. He insisted I should take the bus thinking I’d have no luck but I still walked my way back to the freeway which I didn’t even hit when a kind gentleman pulled over asking if I needed a lift. Luckily he was headed to Taiping as well! 
I am incredibly shocked at the ease of hitchhiking here and how kind everyone is!
I know I know what many of you are thinking. That is so dangerous for a solo girl to hitchhike in another country. Overall I have a good head on my shoulders and sense of judgement. If I felt unsafe I would not do it nor get in the car. From here to Hanoi, Vietnam I want to hitchhike avoiding other modes of transportation unless I have to or I feel the area is not safe. 
I promise I will be safe and take care making sure a friend knows as much details as possible to create more safety and ease. 
This switch I feel very confident and excited about. As the journey goes on into Thailand I will share my experience. 
Now it’s your turn to try something new. Leave a comment below whatever that may be. If you want to hear more of my future tales give me a follow. 
Safe travels everyone wherever that may be to,
Finding Me Wherever I May Be 


Comments

  1. What do you mean by “do it” in the car?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Island of Koh Larn, Thailand

Vida Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Saying Goodbye to Malaysia