Goodbye My Homeland

(Government Camp, Oregon)
April 1st was the start of a new beginning for me. I left my home, job, and many friends behind on my cozy mountain town of Government Camp, Oregon. Since then I spent two weeks floating around the Portland area visiting many friends and to some of my favorite places. The 15th of April some of my favorite people, my fluffy Juku and I went out to Beverly Beach on the Oregon Coast to have final hoorah before making my way back to my hometown of Reno, NV. 
(Devils Punch Bowl, Oregon)
Juku, my friend Jere and I took the 101 down stopping at various coastal spots, taking the magnificent Avenue of the Giants in California, gawking at the giant red woods. Our third and final stop on the road being in Napa California to see some friends.
(Avenue of the Giants, California)
Since April 18th I have been in Reno, Nevada spending time with my family, friends, and going on awesome adventures. I have developed a love for harnessing up to jump from trees and underneath bridges, it's like and adult adrenaline swing! There has been so rad hikes, lake chillin, snowboarding, rock climbing, crystal digging, lots of food, and some well deserved resting. My mom who I haven't seen in over 2 years even flew out to see me before I set off.
(Rope Swing under Donner Summit Bridge, California. Photo by ibhoops)
(Hunter Creek Waterfall, Nevada)
What is the hardest thing for me to leave behind? Leaving Juku, my fluffy nugget behind is the most difficult hands down. I am going to miss her so much but I know we won't be apart for too long. We will be together again either in Asia or upon my return.
To be honest I have spent way more money then I planned and would have liked to but I do not regret it and it has all been in good fun. I will still be leaving with a comfortable amount of money and plan on not having a lavish trip. This trip will be on a shoestring, being more for volunteer work, cultural experience, meditation, and self discovery. 
(Squaw Valley)
It hasn't been easy uprooting myself, getting rid of everything I own minus a few things(which took multiple phases and lots of inner debate). Saying "goodbye" has never been an easy thing for me even if it is really a "see you later". My heart is big and my love is endless. I cherish all my family and friends so much I know, no matter how far I may be away they are always there as I am always there with them. My life as I've known it has completely changed and will continue to do so.
I am in my final 4 days here in the states until I am on my plane to Manila to start my travels, Workaway projects, and self discovery. I am trying not to have any expectations, just go with the flow. There is no time limit on how long I will be in SE Asia for or where all I will go but what I do know is that it is just what I need. My bag is packed and I am ready to go. The next post I will be in the Philippines.
To catch my future travels give me a follow! All love and support is appreciated.
You can find more photos on my Instagram @findingmewhereverimaybe
To contact me with questions, sponsorship, suggestions, collaborations, etc please email findingmewhereverimaybe@gmail.com
Until next time,
Cheers and thank you for tuning in.
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Island of Koh Larn, Thailand

Exploring Chiang Dao Cave of Wat Tham

Vida Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand